February 28, 2022
By Aleta Margolis, Founder and President, Center for Inspired Teaching
Hooray for Monday is a weekly blog filled with questions, ideas, reflections, and actions we can all take to remodel the school experience for students.
Back in August of 2020, as we were heading back to school via screens in our living rooms and basements, my colleagues and I were marshaling our creativity to figure out how to support teachers remotely. Hooray For Monday was the result of that radical creativity.
Today I am excited to share the news that Hooray For Monday won a silver medal from the Anthem Awards, the Webby’s new honor designed to recognize social impact work worldwide. The awards ceremony will stream live Monday, February 28 at 5:00PM Eastern on the Anthem Awards website. Please join us!
According to the Anthem website, “Brought to you by The Webby Awards, The Anthem Awards honors the purpose & mission-driven work of people, companies, and organizations worldwide. By amplifying the voices that spark global change, we’re defining a new benchmark for impactful work that inspires others to take action in their own communities.”
The name Hooray For Monday means we should expect school to be a place of joy – for students and for adults. And Hooray For Monday is meant to help you take action, to make that expectation a reality.
To support that effort, this week I’m highlighting some activities in Inspired Teaching’s resource library for educators and parents, aimed at making school more meaningful and joyful.
- Finding Smiles teaches students to hone their observation skills and give and receive feedback, as they look for, and discover, the good in one another.
- Yes! And… teaches teachers and students to embrace an improvisational mindset, leading to a creative and practical approach to problem-solving.
- What Would Make You Look Forward to Coming to School? offers concrete tools including surveys you can give your students so they can help you make school relevant, meaningful, and engaging.
Thank you for all you do to make school joyful and meaningful for your students. Please help Inspired Teaching reach even more teachers and school leaders by sharing our (now award-winning!) Hooray For Monday with your colleagues. Here’s how:
- Forward this issue to your colleagues and tell them to sign up via the button at the top.
- Reply to this email with the addresses of folks you’d like us to reach out to, and we’ll send them a personalized invite.
- Share Hooray For Monday on your social channels with this image and post:
If you’re looking for inspiration to make going to school exciting, check out #HoorayForMonday. It offers me something new every week! https://bit.ly/hoorayformonday
- Post this flyer in your workroom. People can sign up via the QR code on the flyer.