- Inspired Teaching Institute
- Real World History
- Literacy Design Collaborative
- Teacher Leadership
• • •
Inspired Teaching has reinforced my beliefs about teaching and learning in the most essential ways by giving me the opportunity to explore them, question them and build on them based on the interaction with the beliefs of others.
• • •
• • •
Inspired Teaching Institute
The Inspired Teaching Institute, a yearlong professional development program, challenges teachers of all academic subjects to build student achievement and meet standards in creative and effective ways.
Participants are intellectually, emotionally, and physically engaged as they delve into a rigorous examination of the teaching-learning process. They emerge with new and more effective strategies for reaching every student and engaging learners in thoughtful analysis of academic material, ensuring that meaningful learning takes place.
Being a teacher is hard work. Being an excellent teacher is very hard work. This is the story of two alumni of the Inspired Teaching Institute who are striving for and achieving excellence.
- Participants become part of a strong community of educators committed to improving their practice.
- After attending the Institute, teachers report higher levels of confidence in their ability to teach their subject and connect content to their students’ lives.
- Teachers experience a significant increase in their internal locus of control, indicating an increase in how teachers take responsibility for student outcomes and see themselves as the primary school-based influence on student achievement.
- Teachers develop a more student-centered classroom environment.
- Participants develop and teach engaging instructional units steeped in standards.