- In The News
- Press Kit
• • •
Inspired Teaching is a unique, refreshing, and eye-opening experience.
• • •
• • •
Instigator of Thought – June 2015
Letter from Aleta Margolis, Executive Director
This month, I want to specially recognize the outstanding educators who have recently completed Inspired Teaching programs: the new teachers who have completed the 24-month Inspired Teacher Certification Program and the DC Public Schools (DCPS) Teacher Leaders participating in BLISS: Building Literacy in the Social Studies and SCALE: Science Curriculum Advancement through Literacy Enhancement.
We have spent the past several weeks at Inspired Teaching celebrating the accomplishments of these incredible changemakers as they prepare to carry forward Inspired Teaching throughout their careers. [Continue reading.]
. . .
PREPARE new teachers for successful and sustainable careers:
– On June 2, the 2013 Inspired Teaching Fellows presented findings from their yearlong, teacher inquiry projects. Through these independent research projects, Fellows had the opportunity to ask and answer authentic questions by studying their own teaching practice and their role as changemakers.
– On June 17, the 2013 Inspired Teaching Fellows gathered to celebrate their successful completion of the 24-month Inspired Teacher Certification Program. Joining them were family, friends, lead teachers, mentors, and Inspired Teaching staff.
. . .
SHIFT the practice of inservice teachers:
– On June 10, Inspired Teaching and DC Public Schools came together with a community of teachers and students to celebrate the successes of the BLISS & SCALE Teacher Leaders in spreading inquiry-based, standards-aligned instruction citywide.
The keynote speaker at the event was Mr. Brian Pick, DCPS’ Chief of Teaching and Learning.
. . .
MODEL Inspired Teaching in action:
– Students from the Inspired Teaching Demonstration School participated in the Folger Shakespeare Library’s 35th Annual Emily Jordan Folger Children’s Shakespeare Festival, performing scenes from Romeo & Juliet.
– On June 17, Real World History students Ahmad and Tenee had the opportunity to interview author Tonya Bolden at the Library of Congress. The interview, filmed by the Library of Congress, will be available in the fall.
. . .
COMMUNICATE, leverage, and elevate:
– Inspired Teaching spoke with Robert Gehorsam, the Institute of Play’s Executive Director, about how learning through play enables children to succeed academically while preparing them to thrive in the future.
– What’s the science behind playful learning? Inspired Teaching explored this topic with Dr. David Whitebread – Senior Lecturer in Psychology & Education and Director of the Centre for Research on Play in Education, Development and Learning at the University of Cambridge.
. . .
VISIT Inspired Teaching:
Inspired Teacher Certification Program
July 16, 10:30 am-12:30 pm
Inspired Teaching Institute for BLISS & SCALE Teacher Leaders
July 8, 9-10:30 am
For more information and to RSVP, please contact Sammy Magnuson at firstname.lastname@example.org.