• • •
This has been nothing like what I’ve experienced before in professional development. Inspired Teaching’s program has been fantastic!
• • •
• • •
Philosophy & Teaching Approach
- Children are inherently good, have an innate desire to learn, and can be successful in a school context.
- Children’s energy, unique talents, and individuality are assets, not obstacles.
- Every student possesses the ability to think critically, learn and understand information, and solve complex problems.
- Every student should spend their time in school engaged primarily in these kinds of activities.
Primary methods of instruction include inquiry-based methods and active learning approaches, where the teacher serves as facilitator and coach to support student learning. Instruction includes an emphasis on social-emotional learning, and classrooms will be student-centered with students working in small collaborative groups, individually, and through child-initiated play.
Teaching and learning is built on the expectation that each classroom will demonstrate Center for Inspired Teaching’s 5 Core Elements:
- Mutual Respect;
- Student as Expert;
- Purpose, Persistence, and Action;
- Wide-Ranging Evidence of Student Learning.
Prospective families interested in the school, a separate 501(c)(3) organization from Center for Inspired Teaching, should learn more at www.inspiredteachingschool.org.