- History & Future
- Our Mission and Model
- Our Team & Opportunities
• • •
Inspired Teaching is great at jarring educators from a ‘norm’ in teaching and establishing the success of individual children (not classes, or grade levels, or test scores) as the center of the classroom.
• • •
• • •
The 4 I’s
Center for Inspired Teaching believes an excellent education is academically challenging, standards-based, and focused on building The 4 I’s: Intellect, Inquiry, Imagination, and Integrity.®
- Reading & Literature: Students will comprehend and analyze age-appropriate literature and nonfiction text.
- Communication: Students will communicate powerfully through writing, speaking, and the arts.
- Math: Students will solve math problems using both procedural fluency and conceptual understanding.
- Science & Social Studies: Students will demonstrate understanding of the complexity of the scientific and social worlds.
- Students will apply content knowledge to relevant and current situations, problems, and experiences.
- Students will be intellectually and physically active, self-directed learners.
- Students will demonstrate the skills of a researcher: reasoning, generating questions, collecting and analyzing information, and proposing solutions.
- Students will demonstrate the dispositions of a researcher: ongoing intellectual curiosity and collaboration; an internal motivation to learn; wonder; keen observation; and attention to detail, data, and possibilities for further investigations.
- Students will exhibit the skills of divergent thinkers: the courage to create, a joyful spirit, the ability to generate ideas and devise solutions, the ability to play.
- Students will exhibit resourcefulness, ingenuity, and optimism when faced with an unfamiliar challenge or opportunity.
- Students will demonstrate the skills and dispositions necessary to function as members of a democratic society: the ability to stand up for one’s beliefs; the confidence to make decisions according to one’s value system; the ability to listen to, learn from, respect, and problem solve with others; as well as honesty, empathy, compassion, and strong ethics.